Andrew T. Calhoun is a Reiki Master, trained in the Usui tradition of Reiki Shiki Ryoho.
Everything in the world is energy and we can have blockages that prevent us from being our best. Reiki is an energy healing technique that promotes relaxation, reduces stress and anxiety through gentle touch, or near touch. As a Reiki practitioner, I use my hands at a distance (in person or remotely) to channel energy to your body, improving the overall flow of energy to achieve balance and promote healing.
Reiki is a Japanese word made up of two words- Rei broadly means ‘Universal’ and Ki means ‘Life force energy’. It is a Japanese healing technique. Reiki was discovered by Mikao Usui in Japan in the early part of 19th century and came to be known as “Usui Shiki Ryoho” which means Usui’s Natural Healing System. This modality uses the flow of energy in the body to bring balance.
What you can expect during a 30-minute session:
- Evaluation of your energetic state
- Clearing the energic space
- Using crystals to help cleanse any energy that does not serve your highest good
- Using Reiki symbols to help bring in healing energy
- The unwanted energy leaves your body and is replaced with enlightened, divinely inspired, healing energy
- Clearing Chakras
- Finish with a glass of filtered water