Baking Artisan Bread….
With Essential Oils
*Note: All ingredients should be sustainably produced or Organic. Meaning food grown without chemicals and pesticides.
Adding Essential Oils To Your Meals Is DelightFul!
¾ cup sour dough starter
Note: You can make your own by mixing 2 cups of organic flour, and one cup of filtered water. Keep in a glass container with a loosely fitted lid and leave on counter for 8 to 12 hours before use
1 ¼ cups filtered water
3 ½ 3 ¾ cups of all-purpose organic flour
1 ½ teaspoons Celtic salt
1 ½ tablespoons coconut sugar, honey or molasses
Tip: To add an Italian flavor, add 1 drop dōTERRA Oregano essential oil, 1 drop dōTERRA Rosemary essential oil, 1 drop Basil Essential (You Can Buy Essential Oils Here). You can also add garlic and onion powder to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add everything into a large bowl, then squish the mixture with your hands until it is absorbed. Note: The dough will look rough.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes to an hour, then knead again.
- Cover your bowl with a lid; leave for 3-12 hours or until it is double in size. Note: This will depend on the temperature of your home.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured counter folding in the sides until it forms a ball.
- Place a parchment liner in an enamelled Dutch oven or any pot with a lid and put the dough inside. Note: Avoid Alimony or Teflon as they are bad for your brain health.
- Let it rise for 1-2 hours more.
- If desired, carefully slice the top to allow steam to release while baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes with lid, then remove lid and bake for 20-30 minutes more. Note: If you are using a regular pot, it will take up to 15 minutes longer to bake.
Enjoy your Delicious-Healthy Meal!
Reinvented By Jodi L. Suson-Calhoun